ALL ATHLETIC FORMS ARE NOW COMPLETED ONLINE BY PARENTS/GUARDIANS- We will not accept participation packets anymore. Parents need follow instructions below to input everything and to download the completed physical and notary form all on athleticclearances.com. Coaches will not collect paperwork. This must be completed before attending tryouts or practice. If you are having problems filling out the athletic clearance direct questions to the help chat on the website – please do not call the Coach or Athletic Director as they cannot control the site. Once you have completed the signup it will say “pending” – the Athletic Director will be approving athletes twice a week. If your account says” in progress” you have not completed all the steps by parent and athlete. No athlete will be allowed to participate without an account and completed paperwork.
Before attending any conditioning or tryouts, you MUST create an account on https://athleticclearance.com – the following are the MUST HAVE forms…detailed instructions follow.
You will need to have completed by a doctor the FHSAA EL2 Page 2 (you do not need page 1 and only need page 3 if the original physical was not cleared by the doctor). This must have the athletes name. This must be signed and dated by the doctor. It must be checked where it says cleared without limitations. If any of this is not filled out the clearance will be denied and your athlete will not be able to participate until completed correctly.
You will also need to have filled out and notarized the Pasco County Participation Form.
All forms and further information can be found at: https://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/athletics/page/forms/
THESE ARE THE ONLY TWO FORMS NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE ATHLETIC CLEARANCE.
ATHLETIC CLEARANCE – Quick steps for parents/students using the online athletic clearance process.
- Visit athleticclearance.com. Click on the Florida Picture
- Click on “Create an Account” and follow steps. Or sign in if you have previously created an account. Watch tutorial video if help is needed.
- Register. PARENTS register with valid email username and password
- Login using your email address that you registered with
- Select “Start Clearance Here” to start the process.
- Choose the School Year in which the student plans to participate. Example: Football in Sept 2021 would be the 2021-2022 School Year.
Choose the School at which the student attends and will compete for.
Choose Sport. *You can also “Add New Sport” if a multi-sport athlete. Electronic signatures will be applied to the additional sports/activities.
- Complete all required fields for Student Information, Educational History, Medical History and Signature Forms. (If you have gone through the AthleticClearance.com process before, you will select the Student and Parent/Guardian from the dropdown menu on those pages)
- Once you reach the Confirmation Message you have completed the process.
- All of this data will be electronically filed with your school’s athletic department for review. When the student has been cleared for participation, an email notification will be sent.
Online Athletic Clearance FAQ
What is my Username?
Your username is the email address that you registered with.
On the first step of the process you have the ability to “Add New Sport”. If you use this option, you fill out the clearance one time and it is applied to the sport selected. If you complete a clearance and come back at a later date to add a sport, you will “Start New Clearance” and then autofill student and parent information using the dropdown menus on those pages.
The physical form can be downloaded on Files page. Most schools will accept the physical upload as well as turning in a hard copy to the athletic department.
Why haven’t I been cleared?
Your school will review the information you have submitted and Clear, Clear for Practice or Deny your student for participation. You will receive an email when the student’s status is updated.
My sport is not listed!
Please contact your school’s athletic department and ask for your sport to be activated.
ATHLETIC FEES: There are no try-out fees. Once a student is selected for a team a fee will be due: $70.00 for high school students; $50.00 for middle school students. The fee for the second sport is $40.00 for high schools; $30.00 for middle schools. The total family fee (for the same school) is $170.00 for high schools; $125.00 for middle schools. The individual cap for high schools is $110.00. The individual cap for middle schools is $80.00. A student will not be allowed to dress out, participate in a game or be considered part of the team until the full fee is paid.
NO Tryout Fee: Students have three (3) days to pay fees after they make the team. No one will participate in game competition until fees have been paid. Please be aware that the participation fee does not guarantee playing time, only the opportunity to be on the team if selected.