An information meeting about Spring Break Trip
New Meeting Date is Sept. 28th at 6:00 p.m.
Contact Mr. Lewis is you have any questions at 727-774-4349
There will be a meeting on September 28 at 6 PM in the Mayer Room for those interested in the trip to Montréal and Québec City, Canada during Spring Break 2018.Contact Mr. Lewis for more information.
Postponed due to Hurricane Irma: New DATE
Friday, September 22, 2017
Information Starts at 5:00 P.M. – Meet & Greet Teachers at 6:00
Free tickets to our first football game that evening will be distributed if you attend the info sessions.
For more information call 727-774-4200
5:00-6:00 P.M. Informational Sessions (rotations)
A) Intervention time/TNT
B) Code of Conduct
C) Graduation requirements
D) Mystudent Grade Program / On Track Cobra
6:00-6:30 Meet the teacher/Title 1 Info Night
Senior Pictures: Wednesday, August 16th
Underclassman/Faculty Pictures: Thursday, August 17th. Students will be escorted to the Media Center by their English Teachers.
Our senior’s night of excellence will be held Thursday, May 4th, 2017 at 6 PM in the commons area of the school. All seniors being acknowledged, based on attendance, grades, honors, and industry certification will be notified by this Friday, April 28th. Please RSVP to Ms. Gonzalez in the Guidance Office. For more or additional information, please contact Ms. Julia or Ms. Gonzalez by calling the school at 727-774-4200 or clicking on their names to email.
District Finals will be administered May 10-12th. For this school year, District Finals will account for 10% of the student’s total grade in the course. Finals come in two formats: Computer-based tests (CBT) or Paper-based tests (PBT). If your child is taking a CBT he or she has had an opportunity to view an introduction to the assessment platform to become familiar with the software, item types, and online tools he or she will encounter and use during testing.
Please review the following policies with your student before testing:
- Electronic Devices—If your child is found with ANY electronic devices, including but not limited to cell phones and smartphones, at any time during testing OR during breaks (e.g., restroom, lunch), his or her test will be invalidated, which means it will not be scored. The best practice is for students to leave devices at home or in their lockers on the day of testing.
- Testing Rules Acknowledgment— Prior to testing, test administrators will read the rules to students, and students will show acknowledgement that they understand the testing rules by proceeding with the assessment.
- Discussing Test Content after Testing—The last portion of the testing rules read to students before they affirm the acknowledgment states, “After the test, you may not discuss the test items. This includes any type of electronic communication, such as texting, emailing, or posting online, for example, on websites like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.” If students are found sharing information about test items, even without the intent to cheat, their tests will be invalidated.
- Test Invalidations—Students are responsible for doing their own work on the test and for protecting their answers from being seen by others. If students are caught cheating during testing, their tests will be invalidated.
- Leaving Campus—If your child leaves campus before completing the test once they have started the test (for lunch, an appointment, illness, etc.), he or she WILL NOT be allowed to complete the test. If your child does not feel well on the day of testing, it may be best for him or her to wait and be tested on a make-up day. Please remember not to schedule appointments on testing days.
Thank you for supporting your student as he or she prepares for testing.
This is the 2017 AP exam schedule. Please pay close attention to the testing location as several tests are being administered at PHSC Spring Hill Campus. Please contact Ms. Howard/Ms. Julia if you have transportation issues or concerns (727-774-4200).